But I found this in a script from an associate:

setprop portal_RowNames [headerName] rowNames

and it compiles… the first param is a variable inside square braces.

Not sure it this is some LC magic or just this programmer's "style"
---------
Bob S:  That can only be an element of an array. Without the preceding array
name, it will not compile.
--------
BR:    [var]  # value inside square braces…

    that I see in some scripts… what is that about? A custom thing? or is this
also some jewel expression like @ that you will never learn about unless you
fall onto it?