I think that's right, Apple enforces this rule.

The standalone builder will move files to a Resources folder when it builds the app. For backward compatibility, scripts that reference the engine folder are redirected to the Resources folder automatically.

To my understanding, it's a requirement in accordance with Apple's
sandboxing policies, if you want an executable to be able to make
changes to files inside the executable bundle. The way it's supposed
to work, no application is allowed to write or modify anything in the
old location where the actual application binary resides, but in the
new location they can.

As an administrative user I am able to copy files to both locations,
but sandboxing is not about folder permissions. It's about executable
permissions and it's baked into the OS so no one can (ostensibly)
change it.

That is my understanding at least. I've not dug in enough to know for
certain.

Bob S

On Mar 27, 2017, at 09:45 , Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode