On 2017-05-15 21:21, hh via use-livecode wrote:
Mark W. wrote:
> and most of these legacy Blend Modes:
> clear, noop, notSrcAnd, notSrcAndReverse,
> notSrcCopy, notSrcOr, notSrcOrReverse,
> notSrcXor, reverse, set, srcAnd,
> srcAndReverse, srcCopy, srcOr,
> srcOrReverse, srcXor, blend, addPin
> addOver, subPin, transparent
> adMin, addMax

We're still on the fency about all of these - I do wonder how
much they are used anymore particularly as they do not fit into
the RGBA rendering model which everyone uses anymore and as such
are incredibly inefficient. (They will never be acceleratable,
for example).

I'd be surprised if people couldn't get similar effects by using
appropriate blend inks - if they are still in use at all.

Ali L. wrote:
To be fair, the docs claim the legacy blend modes have been deprecated
since LC 5! We've supported them for quite a long time post-deprecation...

1. Please read this twice and don't cry ...

The default blendLevel of each and every LC object that has an ink is
"srcCopy" --- 'incredibly inefficient' as you judge it.

2. How do you define a "similar" effect?
3. Please tell me for example which "similar" blend effect allows a dark theme in the script editor which is currently simly done by setting the
   fields ink to "notSrcCopy".

Okay so - I take it the current approach is:

  edit script of stack "revmenubar"
set the ink of field "Script" of stack "revNewScriptEditor 1" to "notSrcCopy"

Which gives the exact same effect as:

set the ink of field "Script" of stack "revNewScriptEditor 1" to "blendDifference"

As far as I can see, anyway...

However a better effect (due to the way drawing works, transparency, antialiasing and
such like) is to actually set the colors of the field. i.e.

  - backgroundColor black (inverse of white)
  - each color assigned to the colorization inverted in the same way

The former is directly configurable in preferences; the latter current has three fixed modes also configurable in preferences (none, default, classic). The colorization
'schemes' are defined in the seColorizationLoadScheme handler in the
revseutilitiesbehavior.livecodescript file:

<https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/blob/b633a07eddc577887b94bd09cbc2d4ef4f50f4be/Toolset/palettes/script%20editor/behaviors/revsestackbehavior.livecodescript>

These are easy to add to - or better yet, a little dialog in preferences which allows
you to add / remove them would be cool.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--