I have a client that wants to move our project to HTML5. I have some doubts about the capabilities, could someone tell me what is currently possible and what is not?

This is a very large set of stacks, run by a standalone that loads content on demand from a server. It is image-heavy and interacts with a networked database. There is lots of navigation between stacks and many hundreds of cards. At any given time, there can be up to a dozen stacks held in RAM. There is also heavy use of visual effects and animation.

Thoughts?