On 8/10/17 9:51 pm, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:
Dan:

this is "big news" -- I thought the downloading of LC binary stacks was
definitely forbidden fruit inside Apple's Walled Garden

Somehow the metaphor's are getting a bit mixed there.

For starters if Tim Cook is Adam it's a good thing their garden is in California . . .

Also, I have a feeling that the situation started out with a situation more like the 3 wierd sisters: Job, Wozniak and Ronald Wayne.

Considering Apple's track record with binary files (Aha; here come the forked tongues) . . . I wonder why they should object.

Certainly I know that a very clever BBC computer emulator that was made for iPad was rejected because it downloaded other files (BBC computer program files).

Richmond.

Dan wrote:

"The app, on launch, downloads a file (a compressed stack) from my server.  I
know for fact that went without error.  That freshly downloaded stack then
downloads another compressed stack.  The error happened on this second stack.

The app (with the development profile, of course) works perfectly on numerous
iPads and iPhones (using several versions of iOS including 10.3.3) tested on
several WI-Fi wireless networks at multiple locations.  It also preformed
perfectly using cellular data."

Was this app previously submitted, approved, and orking and this is a new
version? or is this first submission attempt?

Assuming you *do* solve the networking host connection issue, please keep us
posted as to whether Apple throws up red flags on downloading binary stacks
from a remote server or if they let it pass

BR