On 08/26/2017 02:43 PM, Monte Goulding via use-livecode wrote:

On 27 Aug 2017, at 7:40 am, Phil Davis via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

Another one I would like:

   filter lines of tList WHERE item 1 of each >= 10

Yes I like that too… a tad more than `by`. It seems to read more naturally.

Since we're blue-skying this process anyway...

I assume that syntax would do what the filter command normally does in terms of modifying the contents of tList. I'd also like to see the form that returns the result rather than modifying the original, as in

filter lines of tList WHERE item 1 of each >= 1 into someVariable
and
filter elements of tArray where "late fee" is in each into newArray

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftw...@gmail.com