Mark Wieder wrote:
On 08/27/2017 01:42 PM, Marty Knapp via use-livecode wrote:
I use this feature extensively in an app where there is card that has
objects that users can select to change properties (line width, color,
font, etc) and at the top of the window is a toolbar with font menu,
etc. I don't want the user to be able to select the toolbar controls and
accidentally delete them or alter them, so I use the cantSelect property
on those.

So you put the user in development mode? Sounds dangerous.

Drawing != development.

MacDraw != MPW.

From the root tongue HyperTalk, through SuperTalk, OMO, Gain, to today's LiveCode, xTalks provide a wide range of tools, including button, field, browse, and others.

What distinguishes these from development isn't that they're used at all, but how.

After all, all code editors are fields, but not all fields are code editors.