I use this feature extensively in an app where there is card that has objects that users can select to change properties (line width, color, font, etc) and at the top of the window is a toolbar with font menu, etc. I don't want the user to be able to select the toolbar controls and accidentally delete them or alter them, so I use the cantSelect property on those.

Marty K