On 2018-01-05 17:21, Bleiler, Timothy via use-livecode wrote:
I’ve been testing this a little and I’ve run into some files that
don’t render correctly.

I’ve attached a simple example I found on the internet  that contains
this info about how it was created - Generator: Adobe Illustrator
22.0.1, SVG Export Plug-In . SVG Version: 6.00 Build 0).

When I tried to display this in the image control as described, I get
just an outline of the drawing filled black. I’m using Mac OS with
Livecode 9.0.0 (dp 11)

Have I missed a critical part of the process or should this be filed as a bug?

Please do file a bug with the SVG attached as an example.

In this case, it isn't working correctly because that SVG uses a <style> element, and then 'class' attributes on elements to provide their fill styles. The SVG compiler doesn't (as yet) understand <style> elements (which are embedded CSS style sheets).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

--
Mark Waddingham ~ m...@livecode.com ~ http://www.livecode.com/