> On Jun 30, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Jerry Jensen via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 30, 2018, at 8:00 AM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>>
>> Indeed. I'm not too upset about the loss of the bitshift operators other
>> than the lack of backward compatibility, but I'm surprised by their demise.
>> In terms of minimal use of microprocessor cycles I'd expect that the fastest
>> would be

> Yabut - I don’t know if LCScript understands integer numerics. Aren’t numbers
> always handled as floating point?

And I read about bitor in the 9.0.0 dictionary: the operands are treated as
binary between 0 and a signed 32 bit integer (2^32 - 1) max. So bitor wouldn’t
do unless it has grown up into the 64 bit world.

Agreed that bitshift operators would be a desirable operator, not necessarily
for this task.
.Jerry