> On 20 Sep 2018, at 2:51 pm, Brian Milby via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> What about a front script for the build process that would intercept and
> discard these messages? Could be inserted just before each action that used
> to be protected by lock messages (close/open stack).

I think if that solution could work then lock messages could work. The issue is
some components actually need those open messages to function correctly. We are
working on a complete replacement to the standalone builder scripts which will
resolve this kind of issue but it will still be a some time before they can
become part of the IDE.

I’ve proposed a stop gap solution internally which I think would work well but
will probably need to wait until Ali is back next week before we can throw it
around. The idea is to not move the entire standalone build to a separate
process (we will likely do that when we move to our complete replacement) but
to just move the bits that modify the stackfiles (copy resources, set passwords
etc). So we would have a command line app that took the path to the stackfiles
on disk and all the settings, modified the stackfiles and saved them somewhere
else. Then the IDE can continue on and can do the whole process without closing
the stack at all.

Cheers

Monte