Thierry wrote:

Of course you have to replace spaces and slashes with some string that will not break the name of the custom prop into several parts :-)

Yes, I'm aware of that.

I think such failure depends on how it's done.

I just ran this test:

on mouseUp
  put "some/thing" into v1
  put "some thing" into v2
  set the uTest[v1] of of this stack to "test"
  set the uTest[v2] of of this stack to "test"
end mouseUp

...and it worked well, with "some/thing" and "some thing" appearing among the lines of the customKeys of property set uTest, and I can also retrieve their values with the same notation.

Does anyone recall the specific syntax which might cause this to fail?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal