Dear Kresten,

Making snapshots is really easy with Rev. Check out the "export snapshot" command in the docs. Note that you can export snapshots directly to a file. You probably will want to save the snapshots to files using the seconds as filenames.

To convert the snapshots to a QT movie, use Trevor's EnhancedQT External. Drop me a line off-list and I'll send you a demo stack (originally from Trevor, adjusted by several people).

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier. http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 29-jan-2008, om 16:25 heeft Kresten Bjerg het volgende geschreven:

Hi revolutionaries
I am developing a rev prototype for a laptop multimedia diary, also to serve as vehicle in interfacing long-distance telecontacts- with verbal and visual desktop-sharing.(www.phenomenalog.dk) But I am faced with the slowness in reviewing ( for myself - and possibly also in above type telecontacts) diary-events evolving days before. Phase 1: I therefore need a simplest possible (cross platform standalones operative) handler, which automatically, on new card in diary, , starts to assemble screen-snapshots, every time a return, or an effective mouseclick is released by the user. The snapshots shall - at once, - or just afterwards , when a new daycard is created- , be concocted as a quicktime movie,- a weekday-date- labeled quicktime-file, saved in a growing weekfolders in monthfolders in year-folder structure. I guess such needs are not new, so probably suitable prototype- handlers for such purpose exist. But the program now going to contain such handler is and wil remain freeware.

Phase 2 in this, ( but let not this postpone solving the first phase) will require an optional extension of the above, allso to accumulate /interpolate - into the diary sequence - screensnapshots of other event on the desktop, when the diary window is hidden: folders, files and pages openened including major steps in mails, Internet-browsing, - enabling users to spy, retrospectively, on their own navigation through previous days (and earlier telecontacts). Look at this as enabling and empowering citizens to manifest their self-documentary accountability (for the non-paranoid), See "Empowering Citizen Self-documentation: Re-inventing the diary" at the above-mentioned site. P.S. I am aware of the nice commercial "ScreenSteps" application, which contains lots of beautiful features.But we need am open- source freeware solution. Looking forward to responses to this, one way or another, also mail- discussionwise.
Kresten Bjerg (www.Psy.ku.dk/bjerg)