mfstuart wrote:
My day job is a software engineer, using another software development tool -
eDeveloper.
The product we build (CRM) is for enterprise sized companies, working on
large amounts of SQL data.
eDeveloper does not produce this UI lack of performance during runtime. This
is how I noticed the difference in behavior.
As far as Excel and Rev, both load the data into memory, which I would
assume then declines the available resources, causing the issue at hand.
Whereas the table object in our software is reading the data continually
(??) from the database, caching when needed, so the lack of performance is
never noticed.

Rev fields are smartly buffered and tend to redraw faster than any other app on my hard drive. If you're seeing unusually slow redraws it may be related to Rev libraries rather than the engine itself.

Try this: Make a new stack, add a field, turn on the field's hGrid and vGrid properties, and dump an equivalent amount of data into it.

To handle the resize, use this rather than Rev's Geometry Manager:

on resizeStack x,y
   set the rect of fld 1 to 20,20,x-20,y-20
end resizeStack

If Rev is as efficient as I think it is, that test should show a pretty smooth update. If not we can look into it more deeply.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal