Mark,

Are you using a table object, or a regular scrolling field with the hGrid and vGrid properties turned on? The former is an emulated control which may slow down significantly, while the latter should be significantly faster.

In the past, I've managed to put data on the order of 20 columns / 100,000 rows into regular fields. I don't recall how snappy things were, but I don't remember having problems.

HTH,
Brian

Hi Richard,
I did as you suggested and copied 8 columns of data (20,844 lines) into this
new stack.
Just a table object on the card - no scripts (except your 'on resizeStack'
in the stack), no other objects.
resize result: same slow behavior :(

Any other thoughts on that?

Mark Stuart