Sandy,

thanks for posting, it really makes me wish schedules had been different even more to try and attend this year. the last three years, every year i have had a big project install right on the revcon date, mr murphy getting back at me for getting away with something elsewhere!

I really want to attend even if its just to meet all the folks on the list that i have interacted with and followed over the years. I got to meet Richard G. years back when a few metacarders met up at Mac World SF one year and that was a treat.

This year got derailed by the opening of the African American museum in Oakland Ca on Sat. But, rev is the main player in the whole museum as it runs the star exhibit of the museum. We interviewed 58 people and collected over 50 hours of interesting stories, history, perspectives, and opinions from folks. we distilled this down to 16 hours of video in 1000 clips that are presented (via highdef mpeg players controlled by mac minis) in 4 different pavilions (Family, Oakland Stories, My Stories, and Reflections) in various categories and subcategories via a rev interface. I was shocked how fast the project came together in rev as the two bids i got (actually short on time on this project and looked at farming it out) were atrocious! Rev saved the day. interface works smoothly with no lockups so far. data for the whole system is stored in a set of simple csv files that are created from one master excel spreadsheet. This allows the data to be used as both the production document and also the final data doc. Updating things is very fast and simple and the app needs not be touched for most fixes and tweaks.

Hopefully I will make it to Revcon 09! really want to put real people to names and chew the rev fat by the pool late into the night! Love to see what others are doing and how they go about doing it.

off to now using rev to create a guide training system for the Monterey Bay Aquarium. have to combine all my auditorium exhibits, all the floor videos, and all the guide training media into one system to train the guides on all the media presentations! its only 10 hrs of video in about 600 clips, so simple after the last project!

cheers,

jeff reynolds