Writing tutorials, I'm probably depraved :-)
Or for other reasons...

What I wanted to point out but it's possible I missed it ;-) is that a return in a function (or a command but that's more difficult to understand) stops the running handler and returns immediately a result disregarding next statements. I remember (when I was a bit younger ;-) that discovering this was great. May be it's obvious for all now?

And don't tell me I'm an old man ;-)
Have a nice day.