On Jul 29, 2008, at 11:05 AM, David Bovill wrote:

2008/7/29 Trevor DeVore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Every time the engine checks for the existence of a stack, accesses a
property or issues the go command using the filename of a stack the stack is loaded into memory. In your Galaxy example what is most likely happening is that the script editor has a tab open for a control or object in the stack you deleted. It then references that stack on disk and loads it back into
memory.

So as far as you know there is nothing going on to do especially with Script Editing - just the usual behaviour with regards to revering to properties of a stack when it is closed loading back in memory? As in the example here I am not interacting in any way other than issuing a command from the message box it would mean that there is some polling going on, which only occurs
when a script tab is open in Galaxy.

Polling is entirely possible. delete stack is very reliable. Like I said, I've never had it fail. When it *appears* to fail it is usually because something is going on in the background that brings the stack right back into memory.

The external issue may be an exception. If you get a recipe then we can confirm.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems