On 20 Sep 2008, at 05:32, Jim Sims wrote:

I have a rev stack used as cgi and where put url worked on my Leopard
webserver it doesn't on jaguarpc. So, I changed to open file - read from - close file.

I'm surprised by this. (Not doubting you. :-)) But I've never come across a case of open-read-close working where get/put url didn't. What kind of error do you see in the result? Are the file paths identical in both cases?

On the other hand, I don't think there is any noticeable speed difference in both approaches.

Mark Schonewille wrote:

I never checked it, but I presume that libUrl uses the same read/ write/close file commands to deal with local files, while it uses socket communication for non-local files.

Mark, libUrl only handles url commands for internet urls (http, ftp). The engine handles the file protocol urls directly. (Or did I misunderstand you?)

Cheers
Dave