Hey Malte,

Here's a hug from San Francisco.. Very sorry for your machine and data loss. I live in fear of such a scenario..

I am so paranoid about losing stuff..
1) work from home, and I'm always here (hermit?)
2) Time machine is always  running, 2nd 500g drive in the G5
3) Bootable backups of main machine using Foldersynchronizer every week

-- my projects are completely contained in a MacOSX .app package, 'splash screen'
--    and I work on the stacks  "in situ" ; in place.
4) I use "Touch" every day on the .app package
5) Project .app package with all scripts and resources uploaded to local server every day 6) I have a handler in my development sandbox that "tars", then "zips" the .app package, then uploads to a directory at dreamhost. I call this every day.

Still, with all of this, I've had panic moments, losing a stack I worked on all day that didn't have it's own file, somehow got detached and lost in space (substacks... not anymore). I looked everywhere for quite a while until I found a stack that I had forgotten I had saved.

sqb

Hi all,

today is the worst day in my self employment life. I arrived at the office today, just to learn that everything apple branded is gone. Stolen. Away.

Malte

--

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o