I run Rev CGIs on Dreamhost daily. Once you find the culprit you'll have a great time.

Have you checked your error.log from the server's logs folder?

I write my CGIs in a simple stack I made for doing so, which has a button to upload the script so I take care of several small steps in one click.

A few weeks ago I had trouble debugging a script's execution on the server, and added another button that downloads my error.log file and displays its contents - total time-saver, well worth the five minutes to set it up.

The truth is out there - you just need to find where it's being reported. :)

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World