Sarah Reichelt wrote:

One factor that is turning me away from using a print stack is the
slowness of "print this card". In some rough tests, I found it to take
about 140 ticks per card where revPrintText & revPrintField were
taking 13 - 14 ticks. Once you have more than a couple pages to print,
this speed difference would become significant.

That's interesting, I never thought to time it. I'm not sure it's printing a card that is the slowdown though, since both the rev commands create a temporary stack with field objects and use that to "print card" sequentially until the field content is exhausted. Then they delete the temp stack when done. Printing a card is the only way to do printing when you come right down to it. Maybe your test stack had a lot of other objects on it? Or something else that would have to render? It's all I can think of.