On Feb 1, 2009, at 10:52 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

 The
way I can find the temp files is by using the Finder's search facility.
<snip>

[ BTW, the only reason I even know about the temp files is years ago before there even was Revolution and OS X, I was able to recover a MetaCard project that mysteriously disappeared from my drive at 2AM, the morning before the project was due. I used Norton Utilities to search for any related files to my project, found the temp files (which are the result of every save of the file), and figured out I had an unintentional backup of several iterations
of my file.  Those temp files saved my butt. ]

If I use:
put specialFolderPath("Temporary")

I get the following:

/Users/jimsims/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems

Maybe the file might be found in there? If you cannot actually see it or access it PERHAPS you might be able to copy it or read/write the file?

Also, if I request a Temp file name by using:  put the tempName
I will get: /private/var/folders/-N/-NvTgUlu2RqtP++BYqw1d++++TI/ TemporaryItems/tmp3

Maybe I would be able to add the filename to that path and either copy or read/write the file?

Clearly my suggestions are a shot in the dark - but that happens to be where you unfortunately are ;-)

sims

s...@ezpzapps.com
Skype:   sims.jim
iChat:   techietours