small correction: \s is same as [ \t\f\r\n], and \S is opposite to \s.

viktoras d. wrote:
there is:

  if matchText(fld "fText", "\S") is false then
     answer "no text in field"
  end if

This one checks for any symbols that are not "whitespace" of any kind (\S is same as [ \t\f\r\n]).

Viktoras

Bob Sneidar wrote:
I wonder, isn't there a way to use regular expressions to check for white space?

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management
Calvary Chapel CM