dunb...@aol.com wrote:
Stephen;

Right. I was cavalier in thinking I can validate Rev issues by emulating them in HC. This is not fair to Rev.

I like parentheses.

But is this really a bug? Or just the way the parser works? I have many constructs in HC (get word line item 3 of the...) and I hope that this probably common and well regarded methodology is fully transparent to Rev, too. If I have to use parentheses, well, OK. So report or no? Anyone?

I don't think it's a bug, it's just how the parser works. Rev is far more particular in many respects than HC, which is partly what gives it such a speed increase. Enforced quoting of literals is another example, along with the inability to use keywords as variable names.