Hugh Senior wrote:
I have a protected stack that creates a window and a group, then sets the
group script. Works a treat. When run as a compiled application exe, it no
longer sets the script (I know this because an answer dlog that should
display the script comes up empty instead).

The only thing I could think of is that the window it creates is somehow
protected as well, but a similar answer dlog confirms that the passkey of
the new stack is empty.

Any clues or insights? Am stuck.

You've probably hit the script limits. In a standalone, you can't set a script that has more than 10 lines.