Hugh,

Jacque has probably hit the correct answer for you case. The 'set script' strategy would work if the new group script was a call to a compiled function in another script in the hierarchy. If your idea was to customize the script, then set the script of an object to that script, you should consider writing the compiled handler with branching or params to handle variations.

Hope this helps.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas