About point 2. :

As long as on-rev give us a total control on both our document-root directory and our rev-application's .irev code, why would we need root access to a mutualised server ? Just would be an inacceptable security hole and the direct way to loose the best sand-box the server integrity need.

I have to remember to take time to sign-in ;-)

Just my 2 cts,
--
Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70