Le 1 juil. 09 à 22:06, Lynn Fredricks a écrit :

<snip>

I believe at some point, you are asked if you want to "find your friends" on various e-services. I recall something about this, also other platforms
using something similar, like NING.

They've all set up sharing APIs that require permission to be granted. Once it sucks in your data though - its in their system and likely not removable. There are more and more "validation" methods being used across apps. If you have a Wordpress based blog for example, there's a plugin that lets you utilize Facebook Connect for validating commenters. It is very easy to set
up. You've ceded access control though.

I think this all boils down to the problem, esp in the USA, that you do not "own" your own information. Ive met reps from many Web 2.0 type companies that openly tell me that its all about owning the customer information, and
giving away use of all sorts of great applications is targeted towards
acquiring this information for ongoing exploitation - targeted ads, direct
mail marketing and the like.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

there are very few "free" things in this world. First time I heard about gmail, I thought of it as a free dose from a drug dealer (not that I am familiar with this kind of people). Every time somebody writes something on this list, it's indexed by google. It may be a good thing, provided you protect what's valuable to you. Sometimes I think of internet as a huge orgy of information, with little protection.

1.5 cent.

François