Not finding this option. Not seeing anywhere to opt in or out. Pretty sure I would have seen a checkbox and not checked it, though, or unchecked it or whatever.

Under Friends, there are several options to help you find your friends. One tells you to give your Email/Password (which I know I didn't do). Another has you uploading your contact file. (Never uploaded anything.) The rest are various search methods. It lists all the friends of my friends, school searches, IM searches, coworker searches. The only ones I've partaken of is my high school (after it found all of you) and friends of friends to find the friends I missed.

Invite Friends has an option to Import Email Addresses and lists several common email sources, Hotmail, AOL, Gmail and Yahoo (none of which I use except for gmail, which I've only used to send reg codes to about 5 people when my emails didn't get thru the regular way).

I was reading an article in Wired magazine about Facebook and Google being in sort of a war for internet domination. Facebook is doing a pretty good job catching up to Google and has a good chance of bypassing Google, according to the article. Google is my best friend and does a lot of really good things for me. I'd be pretty amiss to ignore the thing that's hot on it's tail. Diddled with MySpace but really didn't see much value there. Facebook, however... as long as I don't post information I don't want made public, seemed like it was worth checking into.

But the whole where did it find all those people issue, THAT scares me. But I sure do know a lot of folks who are on it... I mean, it wouldn't have even found the folks if they didn't have Facebook accounts, right?

Shari

Ok, to check and see if FB grabbed your email address book
(and it does grab the address book associated with the email addy you
use to sign up UNLESS you UNCHECK the box. Sneaky, eh?) you want to
sign in to your FB account and click on "Friends" at the top. None of
the dropdown choices, just the label "Friends" next to Profile. The
second option down should show what FB is scanning to look people up
and suggest folks to invite. Turn it off or opt out- I'm not 100% what
it says as I opted out from the get-go. Lemme know if you run into any
troubleŠ"

--
  Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
  http://www.gityasome.com