I'm trying to convert one of Tcl/TK programs to work on a web server instead of the desktop. Because of the Sarbanes/Oxley Act, this will save them a lot of money.

My question is:

I can convert the screens/tabs/menus fairly easily to a revLet. In fact, this is going rather smoothly. The problem is that the data to fill the fields comes from a SQL server. I assume that I'm going to need some sort of .cgi/.irev program to send a query to and get the results back from. Will this require a connect/disconnect every time I need to get data? Can I create a generic cgi/irev program to receive a query and return tab delimited records?

Better still, can I "connect" from my revLet and keep the connection open and talk to the server directly from the revLet?

As I said in my subject, this is a much more complex use of the revLet than I've seen talked about here.

Any help and/or advice would be appreciated.

Len Morgan
KTTK, Inc.