On 4 Sep 2009, at 12:04, Sarah Reichelt wrote:
Peter, I do this by using an online fax service that accepts emails
and sends them & their attachments out as faxes.
Unless you are sending lots of faxes, this is a lot cheaper than
buying a fax machine.

You can send and receive faxes directly from a Mac which either has a built-in modem or using an Apple USB modem. (Depending on the comparative charges, the online fax service could still end up cheaper).

I don't yet know enough about Revolution to properly answer Peter's question but as a Fax is automatically added to the list of printers shown in the printer dialog in OS X when a fax modem is attached and connected to a phone line, I guess it could well be possible.

Regards

Peter