Hi Sivakatirswami,

I have some UTF-16 unicode raw text. If I import this into Pages, it displays the font correctly and also the line breaks between paragraphs correctly

But if I use this function:

on mouseUp
answer file "Choose a unicode file to read in."
if it is empty then exit mouseUp
put "binfile:" & it into urlName
replace numtochar(13) with numtochar(10) in urlName
set the unicodeText of fld "display" to url urlName
end mouseUp

the line breaks are not appearing in the field in revolution.

It worked. I used Japanese UTF-16 on Mac OS 10.6, Revolution 4.0.

Also if I try to analyze what chars are there, where the line break should be, by selecting across a missing line break and then use this test:

on mouseUp
 set the useUnicode to true
 if the selection is empty then
    answer "No Selection" with "ok"
 end if
 put the selection into tUnicode
 put tUnicode
 repeat for each char x in tUnicode
    put  chartonum(x) & cr after tOutput      end repeat
put tOutput # returns empty
end mouseUp

it should be

  repeat with i=1 to the num of chars of tUnicode step 2
      put  chartonum(char i to i+1 of tUnicode) & cr after tOutput
   end repeat

--
Kenji Kojima
http://www.kenjikojima.com/