Bill Marriott wrote:
< snip >

Richmond wrote:

There is a school of thought that RunRev have tried to expand the
capabilities of Revolution rather too
rapidly, without taking care of some 'nuts-and-bolts' glitches that have
been around for some time.

Perhaps. But as someone who wrote just over three years ago that "Quality is Job #1," I have to disagree with this school. We've come a long, long way. RunRev spent more than a year and a half working on the free-for-almost-everyone Rev 2.9, which addressed hundreds of those issues, re-architected tons of internals, and brought the Linux edition up to speed with the other platforms. The result was a measurable, marked improvement in quality, and a more robust platform that has enabled much-needed "nuts-and-bolts" enhancements since then: the new tabbed script editor (3.0); the data grid and behaviors (3.5); and the Web plugin (4.0). All of which have been delivered on a predictable schedule with more far more external testing -- both in terms of number of users and length of testing -- than prior versions. At the same time, we have halved the retail price of the product and even introduced the free and highly capable revMedia edition while growing in profitability during a time of global economic uncertainty. We still have a ways to go. I realize that we often don't report status in a timely way in the RQCC, and not all the reports we want to have been fixed. There will always be issues with software; the key is choosing the right battles. Overall, we must be doing something right.

Thank you, Bill, for this extremely comprehensive and well thought-out reply!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.