On 11/29/09 6:52 PM, Jim Bufalini wrote:
Randall Reetz wrote

The idea that the customer services manager of a company would enlist
that company's own customers in a public debate over the merits of that
company's product and the rather easy to debase claims it made of its
product... Well it just feels a little icky.  I am a huge fan of xtalk
and any bridge that can be built between intent and the horrors of
programming.  That is a professional opinion, a philosophy.  When I
purchase a product, that decision, and the money that is exchanged is
my argument for that product, and should be sufficient to pay for any
PR the company uses to attract other customers. And to ask for help
without explaining how that decision to ask for customer help was made
(and why) or at a minimum also venturing your own attempt at the same
debate seems a tad unfair.  Choosing a tool, especially in programming
where endless hours are eaten up thereafter, well that is argument in
itself.  Use it!  Tell the world how many rev users there are.  If
someone, unabated, wants to defend your products in public debate, so
be it.  But to ask this of your own customers?  If the product were
free, and if you were an unpaid volunteer, well maybe.
Break your thoughts into paragraphs please ;-) My eyes glosses over.

Randall's long 'things' always do that; paragraphed or not.

I'm not moaning: I paid half-dibs to go to a programming conference in Scotland and received Studio 4 for Mac, Win and Linux: which, if you count on your toes as
well as your fingers means a net profit to me.

And, as the folks at RunRev well know; there's no shutting up Mr Mathewson -
one way or another I will support them; both because of recent events and
because they have put up with "one awkward customer" with great good humour
for many years.

Randall out to calm down as all his messages seem to do is make everybody else
cheesed-off.