Malte Pfaff-Brill wrote:
If you use the template*whatever* then or set properties,
is a matter of taste if you go for a one object creation. If you need
to create more than one object, then the template has the advantage
of being able to producing a few lines less code under some
circumstances.

That's my general rule. If I only need to create one object, I do it line by line in a script. If I need to create more than one with the same properites, I set the template object. It's pretty much the same rule I follow when deciding whether to break out handlers and functions.