Scott,

That's right. You double-click a file in Windows and Windows starts another instance of the executable for that file. In that executable, you catch the relaunch message. If file $1 exists, don't return any value from the relaunch handler. The new instance will be terminated and the message is passed on to the already running instance.

Note that the message is sent to the already running instance. The already running instance decides whether the new instance of the executable is to be terminated or not.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Buy flowers for your Valentine and get the computer game TwistAWord for free. Visit http://www.twistaword.net or http://qurl.tk/4h

Op 13 feb 2010, om 22:15 heeft Scott Rossi het volgende geschreven:

Recently, Mark Schonewille wrote:

There are several intresting posts about this subject in the archives
of this list. On of them can be found here http://qurl.tk/4x You
probably have that info already, since it is Ken's.

Thanks Mark.  The one (?) item I'm unclear on is the script example:

on openStack
 put $0 into theAppPath
 put $1 into theDocToOpen
 answer "The doc to open is: " & theDocToOpen
end openStack

Wouldn't this execute only when the app is first launched? What message is sent to the app while the app is running? Or am I just not understanding
the way this works?

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director