Andre,

This way works for me as expected on loki from an addon domain (woooooooords.com) :

get mail(pTo, pSub, pMsg, pFrom)

function  shellQuote pText
        return quote & pText & quote
end  shellQuote

function shellEscape pText
        repeat for each char tChar in "\`!$" & quote
                replace tChar with "\" & tChar in pText
        end repeat
        return pText
end shellEscape

function mail pTo, pSub, pMsg, pFrom
return shell("echo -e" && shellQuote(shellEscape(pMsg)) && "| mail -s" && shellQuote(shellEscape(pSub)) && shellQuote(shellEscape(pTo)) && "-- -f" && shellQuote(shellEscape(pFrom)))
end mail

Do you want to get a test message addressed to your gmail account from it to see if it works ? If yes, thanks to reply with the neede address.

P.