I suppose it was inevitable . . .  :)

As I wrote yesterday, I found out how to search for and replace unicode characters
in a field:

on mouseUp
   set the useUnicode to true
if the unicodeText of fld "FIRST" contains (numToChar(57888) & numToChar(57999)) then
      get the unicodeText of fld "FIRST"
replace (numToChar(57888) & numToChar(57999)) with (numToChar(57999) & numToChar(57888)) in it
      set the unicodeText of fld "FIRST" to it
   end if
end mouseUp

which is jolly good, as far as it goes . . .

However; suppose I wish to search for all instances of numToChar(57888) in front of another unicode character
and move them so that they are behind that unicode character . . .

Let us imagine this sort of script: (where ? represents any, i.e. wildcard, unicode character)

on mouseUp
   set the useUnicode to true
   if the unicodeText of fld "FIRST" contains (numToChar(57888) & ?) then
      get the unicodeText of fld "FIRST"
      replace (numToChar(57888) & ?)) with (? & numToChar(57888)) in it
      set the unicodeText of fld "FIRST" to it
   end if
end mouseUp

interestingly enough; on compiling in RunRev 4 it says that script is OK (mind you it says that
about lots of script that, on attempting to run, throw a "bluey"),

Well, Ha, Ha; it is OK insofar as it does nothing!