On 09/04/2010 10:47, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
"Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or
JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written
in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the
Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an
intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited),"

C++ is a great language, I'm sure everyone will love it once they get to
know it.
Really?  As soon as somebody tells me something like "I'm sure everyone
will love it once they get to know it" I feel queasy . . .  :)

Also: how long does it take to "get to know it" ? after something of the order
of 9 years (on the back of Hypercard and Toolbook experience) "getting to
know" RunRev (and, frankly, it sometimes still seems that I am at the 'courting' stage),
I don't really feel like starting a new romance.