On 4/10/10 5:36 AM, rand valentine wrote:
And I must say, although I've owned Macs since first purchasing a new
MacPlus, this latest draconian proclamation is the first time I've REALLY
SERIOUSLY felt the need to reconsider my loyalty to such a company.

rand
Aloha, Rand:

I would not slam your favorite company. If I were Jobs, I would do the same thing and I'm a sweet heart (or try to be, others may disagree). We all quite contently go on day after day with programs hanging occasionally, some update to the OS breaks the API for an earlier vers of some program. thunderbird, my favorite email client, now occasionally locks up as if it can no longer talk JAVA with Snow Leopard. Adobe's programs crash quite regularly.

How would we all like it if RunRev allowed any third party developer to just upload "stuff" that was automatically incorporated into the IDE, which then broke the IDE?

This has been noted elsewhere, no platform engineering team in their right mind that is building multi-tasking into a mobile device would allow any other framework on board that could and probably would, bring the device down. That's the cake... the fact that it kills Adobe's CS5 Flash Packager, is just icing on the cake for Apple and generates quite a marvelous "Carnival of the Titans" for all to watch... But apple is just being apple: tight standards = it just works.