Martin,

First, I noticed a mistake in my post. The last line should be

-- in the same directory as your index.irev file (NOT FOLDER)

Just some thoughts:

I looked for the .htaccess file.  There is one in the public_html directory
(it is blank) there is not one in the subdirectory for the subdomain.
-------------------------
-- To test it out you could create an .htaccess file in the same folder as your
index.irev file
-------------------------

I checked the subdirectories for the other subdomain that is working and
it does not have a .htaccess file.
-------------------------
-- The .htaccess file could be in a higher directory. It could still have power
over the subdirectories that are nested within it.
-------------------------

In the development site I had a .htaccess file in a subdirectory of the
subdomain to protect some files in it.   That got copied over with the site.
Could that be interfering with the loading of the site?
-------------------------
-- Might be the case. If you can find where it got copied to you might try
changing it, then leave it where it is.
-------------------------

I tested it on my server using this setup:

In the public_html folder I put two files

1. .htaccess

DirectoryIndex index.irev  -- only line in file

2. index.irev

-- contained this text

<HTML>
<?rev
put the milliseconds
?>
</HTML>

3. Make sure you transfer files with ASCII transfer mode

4. In the browser type

http://fake.on-rev.com

5. You will see the milliseconds in your browser

You might try this toy configuration to get a purchase on the problem.

Good luck,

Mike

Michael Kann <mikek...@...> writes:

> Martin, I found the magic words.
>
> put this line:
>
> DirectoryIndex index.irev
>
> in your .htaccess file in the same directory as your index.irev folder
>
> --- On Tue, 4/27/10, Martin Koob <mkoob <at> rogers.com> wrote:

Hi Michael
thanks for the quick reply

I looked for the .htaccess file.  There is one in the public_html directory
(it is blank) there is not one in the subdirectory for the subdomain.

I checked the subdirectories for the other subdomain that is working and
it does not have a .htaccess file.

In the development site I had a .htaccess file in a subdirectory of the
subdomain
to protect some files in it.   That got copied over with the site.
Could that be interfering with the loading of the site?

Martin