Graham & Heather Harrison wrote:

Jacque, I wish using ../Documents/Revolution …/Externals was as
simple as you say. It really should be: put your external in, restart
rev, done, dusted, sorted. But no, you still have to write script in
each new stack to point to each External individually.

It works the simple way for me. I just dropped the external into that folder, restarted Rev, made a new stack, and made a call to the external from the stack script. Worked okay.

The standalone issue is a different thing, but for use in the IDE you shouldn't have to do anything other than restart Rev after placing the external in the folder.