On May 9, 2010, at 6:21 PM, Randall Lee Reetz wrote:

> No it isn't and I will be willing to bet a large sum that apple's only desire
> is to control the compiling process.

Amongst the many companies still worried about all this is Unity3D. When you
make iPhone apps with Unity, you do the compile using Xcode, from Objective-C
source files. But in amongst that Objective-C is the Mono system, which is what
is used to convert your C# or Javascript to control your 3D scene. Essentially
the same situation Rev would be facing. So, as currently written, the agreement
blocks Unity, regardless of the fact that it's being compiled in Xcode from
Objective-C source.

>  And, importantly, they can not legally go beyond this level of control

And that might be part of the reason that the government will sue them.