Richard K. Herz wrote:

Robert Mann wrote:
nice initiative! I really wonder how large is revTalk community... Anyway
good opportunity to be able to test what actually work and what does not.

1) audio on revlet seems to be problematic :
# RGB Music RENGA<http://www.kenjikojima.com/rgbmusicrenga/>  by Kenji
Kojima : no sound (macBook mac os x 10.5 / on safari and firefox)

Click on the image on the right side of the link above - or go directly to
http://www.kenjikojima.com/999ViewsRenga/index.html
and click "Allow Once" in the security notice. Then, on the lower right
of the window, there is set of Play, Pause, Stop buttons - click the
Play button - I hear music on Mac on Firefox OK.

Mr. Kojima normally does very excellent work, so my experience is probably more reflective of the beta state of the plugin than his coding, but FWIW under the latest version of Firefox I heard squelches when I clicked the Play button, then I got the Beach Ball of Death and suddenly most other apps weren't working normally either; had to restart my Mac for the first time in more than a week.

As a side note, it would be nice if the plugin could ask for user permissions when they're needed rather than before the stack loads.

Before the stack loads the user has no way to know why the stack would need access to their drive, but once the stack is running the user can see that they have options to save files locally.

Another option might be to allow the stack to respond to the user's response to that security prompt, so that it could load a version without the security-risking features which, in my experience, are usually peripheral to a stack's main functionality.

As it is, with so many people requiring their site visitors to give them unbridled access to everything on their hard drive, Rev developers are giving the RevWeb plugin a reputation of being The Scariest Plugin on the Internet.

RevWeb security warnings: use sparingly
<http://revjournal.com/blog.irv?pid=1262632837.378884>

--
 Richard Gaskin