On 27/05/2010 06:56, Richard Gaskin wrote:
The weird world gets weirder:

   Microsoft's Steve Ballmer to Present During WWDC 2010 Keynote?

   Barrons  reports that one analyst is predicting that Microsoft
   CEO Steve Ballmer will be part of Steve Jobs' WWDC Keynote
   presentation.

   According to Trip Chowdhry, an analyst with tiny Global Equities
   Research, 7 minutes of Steve Jobs' keynote is allotted for
   Microsoft. Microsoft will reportedly be talking about their
   development tool Visual Studio 2010. The new version of Visual
   Studio will reportedly allow developers to write native
   applications for the iPhone, iPad and Mac OS.

<http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/26/microsofts-steve-ballmer-to-present-during-wwdc-2010-keynote/>

Or, the world gets 'smellier'.

Methinks Jobs had cut some sort of deal with Microsoft way before he cocked a snook at Adobe. The fast that ballmer will be presenting at the WWDC means that Jobs is going to get a slice of the pie from the version of Visual Studio for iPhone, iPad et al, while
he would not have got a brass farthing from Adobe.

Or, maybe, the 2 Steves are in love; mind you, sharing a bed with an iPhone and an iPad
could be a bit lumpy . . .   :)

Let's at least hope the new Visual Studio is 100 times better than the awful MS Visual Basic 5 I had to learn at the University of Abertay: the only purpose that served was to make me realise
how wonderful RunRev was by comparison!