Dan Friedman wrote:

File was not saved where you thought it was saved.

Then why would the original file have been deleted?

User or app appears to have saved the file but in reality, didn't.

Again, why would the original file have been deleted?

libURL uses the STOR FTP command to post files. I know that when a file already exists at the specified location the new file will overwrite it, but I'm not clear on the exact sequence of actions it will use to do so.

It may be that the original file is deleted by the FTP server immediately before the new file is written, and if that's the case there may be a problem with the FTP server in question or the data transfer to it which is allowing the first action (delete) to take place without being followed by the second (write).

Your client-side logs from libURL won't be able to help you, but there may be some diagnostics that can be done by a tech on the server side to see those specifics.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World