On 06/13/2010 12:18 PM, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
Can you imagine finding these directions on how to use installed fonts on a
Python mailing list?  Its simply ridiculous.  Rev needs to make the fonts
work on Rev like they do on all other applications. Or stop selling the
thing!

There are in excess of 20k packages in the Debian repositories.  None of
them, none, have problems recognizing installed fonts.  If you are a systems
programmer and writing programs that cannot manage fonts properly in the OS
for which you are writing, its time to stop.  Take up carpentry, or
plumbing.

Um . . . I have a feeling writing vitriolic stuff like this may have a negative
effect (I speak from experience).

Now; Runrev have been trying to be 'all things to all men' and because of
that have fallen short with Linux fonts . . . well Wolfgang's method will suffice
until things get sorted out by RunRev.

Oh, by-ther-way, I don't know why carpentry or plumbing should be seen as
somehow inferior to computer programming: having successfully botched
loads of woodwork projects and done some fairly awful plumbing in my time
I will always respect Carpenters and Plumbers. At least with RunRev programming there is no risk of burst pipes; just spent about 3 weekends replacing toilets, sink U-bends and so on in our country cottage as they all bust during the freeze last winter
because I had put them in so badly the first time . . .  :)

And the lesson of my story is: if you are as bad a plumber as Richmond; take up
RunRev programming instead!!!!!