It might be something to do with subjunctives - English does have them,
though they are hard to recognize.

"I want that you give me that apple". that seems to be OK if a little old
fashioned and stilted.  "I want that he obey his teacher"  (not, that he
obeys).  Its a bit like je veux que tu ailles a la poste.

Better to avoid the problem by using the infinitive. "I want you to give"
"I want him to obey".  Not he, of course, him.

Richmond as an EFL guru will know the proper answer to this....