Ben Rubinstein wrote:

(I also know that some bugs have been fixed although the entry in Bugzilla hasn't been addressed. That may be because the bug was found independantly either by RR directly or because of a duplicate report, and it's just annoying that they've never noticed my report; or it may be that someone read my report, fixed the bug, but for some reason didn't follow the process to resolve it.)

That happens more than we'd like, actually. They fix stuff and then forget to update the database. Or they fix stuff they didn't know was in the database. I suppose we could complain about engineers who don't keep up with paperwork, but you know how that goes. I'm kind of like that myself.

Thanks for a thoughtful post on writing effective bug reports. You made some good points.